Considering the importance of roofing in our home, there are many options to exercise while installing roofs in your home. Which material, what amount, the estimated costs of constructing it, etc. Roofing contractor helps the owners to calculate the risk and cost of installing a roof. If it is properly installed than the roofing of your home can last for a long period of time. Characteristic of roofing is dependent upon the house or building where it is going to be installed. Because every home has different structure and design and keeping the structure into consideration the roofing contractor decides that which roofing method will be more suitable to your home and will construct accordingly. Let us take metal roofing and its pros and cons in consideration:
- Metal roofing is more durable in nature. If maintained properly than its life can increase to thirty years or more than that. Proper installation of metal roof is very important because it is long lasting and helps the house from water drainage issues.
- Metal is a strong element of nature so it can be preserved for long time. once it is installed in roofs than the question to replace it does not arise. Metal roofing is fire resistant and can bare heat, wind, water, storm, any weather.
- Metal roofing is heavy in weight but technology has given many new methods such as light weighted metal tiles or strips are available for roofing which does not give more pressure to the home. As it is made of metal, water drainage and leakage problems does not arise.
- The roofing contractor keeps the strips or tiles of metal ready for the installation in roofs so its installation process is quick and easy. Colored metal tiles and strips are also available in the market which helps the owners to design it according to their home.
- This metal roofing is very useful for homes because it conduces of less heat as they are colored and coated of some special material. So less consumption of ac is seen.
- Installing a metal roof in your home is the better option but it is very costly as compared to other methods of roofing. The person who can afford it can take the opportunity of installing it but for those who cannot than he must avoid metal roofing construction.
- Metal roofing can be claimed as noised roofing because it is made up of metal strips and tiles so in heavy rain or sand storms it can create lot of unwanted noise which can irritate the owner of the house. All the requisite information must be gathered before planning of metal roofing from your roofing contractor.
- Expansion and contraction is another drawback of metal roofing because in hot temperature the metal expands and contracts and this can create damages to your roof. Because of it there is a possibility of spaces and crakes in roof and it will create leakage problems.
- There is a possibility of denting issue in metal roofing. Because this metal strips are light in weight and are soft that can dent if any substance falls on it or due heavy rainfall it can get damaged.